Thread: Exeter match,
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2015, 17:04   #6
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter match,

Great result to get THREE POINTS today against one of the divisions fancied teams.
Early on in the match I thought that Exeter looked like a good footballing team and that they could be dangerous on the break. It took us a while to get into the match but once we scored there was no looking back. first goal was super and slick...a fine diagonal ball to Pierro who swept the ball into the near post for windass to pass it superbly into the net. The second goal was an early Christmas present from Exeter! Hee hee! ......Or should it be Ho ho ho!!!
Third and fourth goals were slick and based on incisive forward play. Billy held the ball from Pierros superbly and timed his layoff back to Pierro equally superbly for Pieroo to drill the ball in. Billy had little to shoot at for the fourth goal but found the inside of the post for it to beat the keeper!
I agree with other early posters that the subs were a tactical error but i hope that coley and jimmy learn from it! for me this season seamus has been our 'central hub' player with everything going through him.He has been the player that we have missed for a couple of years who has the composure to put his foot on the ball and look around. He rarely wastes the ball. His play is complemented by Crooksy's industry and ability to hastle opponents. They are making a supeer central pairing. When they were subbed we broke the 'spine' of our team and we retreated to defending on the edge of our penalty box just like last season. Procky tried to get the tacklse in but his timing was out and he gave anumber of free kicks away. Barry just did not get into the game at all and seemed to be chasing shadows.

Anyway a great result which has moved us up to the heady heights of SIXTH in the division.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote