View Single Post
Old 19-09-2015, 22:05   #39
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2015/16 Prediction League; Game 8 v Exeter City (home)

What The Blooming Heck Happened There Then?

Well nobody saw that coming, logically, statistically , or literally. When the only possible maximums with a minute to go are Wynonie Harris (5-2) and Div3North (4-3), promotion for Stanley would seem a comparative certainty. They each took 4 points, as did AccyMad (3-2, lost chance of max at 63 minutes) and Dav007 (4-0, by default, on track until 75 minutes).

Most everybody else took 3 for the Stanley win, only AccyBeMe expecting a total bursting of the bubble , but still taking a point for 0-2, and 5 drawmongers losing out completely, with 3 others nicking a point for 2-2.

Me, I kept the faith with a 1-0, but in my heart of hearts thought Winstanley would probably have it right predicting a come-down after two good results away from home – we’ve done that so often – but surely today would encourage any walk-ons to come back – please?

Anyway, back to the table – as usual, not a lot of movement when we win, but LongLostSon has stretched his lead to 3 points over Norwich Stanley and Mike A, now tied 2nd, with Outback Ozzy on the same points but behind on countback. Red-Osbornello and Tommy McQueen were the week’s only big movers, both unfortunately downwards (8th – 17th and 18th – 25th, respectively) despite each taking a point for their 2-2 predictions. Our 4 4-point winners all remain in the second half of the table (sorry Boss ).

Mysteron and Teach were unexpectedly missing from our happy throng of players this week . And we need Yerself to pick up a few points, soon please , to climb above Maccawozzagod (P1 Pts 5) and leave our “played ones” making up the bottom three.

So, roll on Creepy Crawley – I would be there, but have got the first game of my over -60s hockey season to play 30 miles away . I may be represented by my brother-in-law, who I’ve semi-converted to the cause, so if you come across a big Scotsman in our end, be nice to him and kind about St Mirren, OK?

On Stanley On !!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL Pt 1 - 19 Sep 15.doc (64.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: doc SPL Pt 2 - 19 Sep 15.doc (67.5 KB, 6 views)