View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 08:08   #35
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Oxford United Match Thread

A disappointing performance and result for us. Oxford fully deserved their win!

That nuisance Danny Hylton seems to be a real 'Bogeyman' against us! Every time I have seen him against us he always seems to 'rumble' us! I finish up wishing that he played FOR us instead of AG'IN us! He is a clever player both in a creative positive way but also in a sly way, constantly pushing and nudging opponents and being quite unsporting at times! Grrrr!

I agree that Oxford in general were a sly lot and were adept at pushing opponents in nearly every 50/50 play! The referee was totally duped by this and it added to the disruption caused to our attempts to play football. To their credit though, Oxford did press us with their mobilty and speed of response and as some of our boys were a bit under par we never really got going. Oxford also seemed to get the run of the ball nearly every time it ran loose!
Coneely and Crooks were both very good again and Billy tried hard up front on hs own against a big and strong centre half.
Our distribution out of defence was poor and young Wakefields match got worse culminating in him giving away the penalty for Oxford's third goal...A match for the youngster to learn from and then file the match result away!
I agree that the two late substitutions were simply too late!
We missed the strength of Davies and Deano at the back although we did look a bit tighter when Deano came on as the first substitute.
Let's hope that Coley and our boys learn from this and then we can get back to top form soon.
ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 04-10-2015 at 08:18.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote