View Single Post
Old 17-10-2015, 18:55   #26
smobile

Re: The Pilgrims Match Thread

Just back in from the game and I'm still wondering how we didn't get something out of it. to play the top of the league on their own patch, with their keeper getting MOTM says it all. They took one of their chances and we didn't.

I was on a corporate in the main Plymouth Grandstand and a good few of their fans were saying we outplayed 'em totally. We won't lose many matches this season playing like that, just need to be more clinical.

This is a special set of lads we have this season and they all put a shift in today. At the final whistle about 4 or 5 of them fell to their knees and led on the pitch with their socks rolled down like they'd just lost a World Cup Semi Final after extra time. They were totally shattered.

Windass & Piero looked gutted to be subbed late on, I like to see that in players.

Can't wait to travel up next weekend to watch the lads at home v the daggers after hopefully putting the Wombles away in midweek.

On my way back to the car a bloke came over and said he was gonna watch the highlights on Channel 5 later, but they should be showing them on Crimewatch, cos we've stolen them 3 points from you.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote