View Single Post
Old 24-10-2015, 14:11   #13
Rowlf
Full Member+

Re: Homecare "One million older people in need 'struggle alone' "

I think Margaret Pilkington has got her priorities right caring for her mother while she can and leaving carers free to help people who have no family to help. I think these days people can be so self centred not caring about anyone but themselves. I had two children and worked part time on evenings while they were young so I was at home if they were ill or during holidays. By the time they were older so were my mum and dad so I stayed on the evening shift so I could do things for them. They lived about 7 miles away from me and I could drive so not too far. They had both had heart attacks so could not do much so I did their cleaning once a week and their weekly shop and ferried them to appointments etc. I lost them both in 3 months several years ago now but I am glad I did what I could while they were here. At least I do not have any regrets as I know I did my best. Today some would rather work full time to get money for fancy cars and holidays instead of having a little less coming in so they could help out more. I might have worked part time for years but I always paid a full National Insurance stamp. Mind you knowing what I know now I would not have bothered but that's another story !!!!
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote