View Single Post
Old 24-10-2015, 20:35   #23
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Dagenham match thread.

I agree with earlier posters that our build up football was outstanding today and also that The Daggers were a bit below par. Even the mercurial Jamie Cuerton, who did have one golden chance for them near the end but fluffed it! We should have won easily by SEVEN or EIGHT goals!
Pierro could have had a couple of goals as could Josh in addition to the well taken header which he did convert. Sean Mac had a great game and fully played his part in the teamwork BUT he really should have scored Three, or FOUR, or even FIVE goals today, if he only had that ruthless streak in front of goal. The most obvious chance came late on after a flowing move found him in the box one on one with the keeper. He had time to pick a corner of the goal or lift it over the on rushing keeper but he took so long in his indeciciveness that a defender actually clipped him from behind and Sean fell flat on his face! The ref perceived this as a dive by Sean and waved play on whereas I thought that it was a stone wall penalty, (yet another!) The truth is, he should have finished the move clinically and ruthlessly! This is the only shortcoming in our team at the moment. We really need to finish off these sort of teams without showing any mercy!
Having said that, The Daggers were a poor outfit today, but they did try to continue to play in a fair way and did not resort to foul tactics as some teams would have done when being thoroughluy outplayed!
Matt Pearson fully deserved his goal and by this time in the evening he may well be approaching TWELVE feet tall!!!
I thought that the disallowed goal headed in by young Joe Wright may have been a valid goal and I will be watching closely on TV tonight to see if he ran from behind Pearson who had the initial looping header. Joe would have deserved the goal as he too had a super game today!
The BBC Stats show something like 18 shots from us compared to 2 for The Daggers which indicates just how one sided the match was!
The ULTRAS were in fine voice too today and made the 'Extra Man!

ON STANLEY ON.....
with SUPER FOOTBALL ......
from JIMMY and JOHN and THE TEAM....
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote