View Single Post
Old 30-10-2015, 18:27   #25
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Should fireworks be banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
26th October 1963 whilst trying to make some home made fireworks down the back alley in Crown Street. One of these so called home made bangers went OFF in my hand. I lost half of my left hand. A few years later i became a shotfirer down the coal mines. That meant I used explosives to release coal and rock to advance the workings. I still have the authorisation to use explosives and I spent 1 week in Lake Garda in 2008 with the stunt men whilst they were making the film Quantum of Solace. I was responsible for the detonators etc. Sorry to bore you all but despite all the above. Yes they should only allow adults to purchase fireworks. Wonder how my life would have turned out if they were banned back then.
When I was a kid we couldn't afford fireworks, then the war started and there were no fireworks, but like you I made my own, now you can't buy the incredients but when I could I made some real bangers blow the sides out of dust bins and lift grate lids, I used string soaked in a saltpetre solution for fuses, a bit slow but reliable. Never got round to rockets although i did have a book that showed me how.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote