View Single Post
Old 31-10-2015, 17:39   #26
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Leyton Orient Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Hopefully, not too many managers come poaching our players in January and Mr Holt has the foresight to get those on contracts which end in June are signed up for another 12 months at the least so that if any players are poached, we will get a decent fee to add to the monies available to replace the players who leave
Signing up our better prospects has to be an urgent priority in my opinion.....whilst we say we don't need to sell, we don't want to be getting turned over for a pittance whilst losing key players.

I know whilst Coley has said ( & rightly so ) that we won't be splashing out on new additions, we are hardly speculating by rewarding our own key performers with longer contracts and improved terms ( within our means obviously ). If players like that lad (whose name escapes me !!) from Exeter who went to Derby.... can attract a fee of £1.75 million, then what price would we put on the likes of Josh Windass...etc, etc ???

If we keep this side together; and keep the squad fit and free from suspension, there's no reason why we couldn't get an automatic spot this term.

The financial benefits of promotion to what is already a predominantly Northern based League 1 would keep this club moving forward and on to the next level. Those key players transfer values would then be worth a lot more if they were then performing at the higher level !!

A cup run would also boost the coffers, though that could also de-rail a promotion charge....for me I'd take promotion over a cup run !!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote