View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 18:28   #15
Eric
God Member

Re: The Minister for the Northern powerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the green policy makes production more expensive for us so other countries can produce their stuff cheaper and undercut our manufacturers
Of course, there is the argument that "Green" is no longer a word; it is a potent marketing strategy. And as a strategy it increases profits. Folks are becoming "green" and "environmentally savvy" enough to fall for AandW's ads promoting their additive free, hormone free burgers. Great idea! Obese burger chomping slobs fee happy 'cause they are helping to save the planet Same thing with "Lite". ...... my fave is "Lite Beer" So you pay the same buck for less bang Imagine going to your dope dealer and asking for "Weed Lite"; I don't want any of that bud shiite; give me some leaf, stalk, and shake; and I wan't to pay the same price for it. ... Oh, and back on topic. Also, there is money to be made, and jobs to be created in developing and manufacturing "green" technology. The "ground floor" is here, and now. And I do believe that countries that invest in green technology will increase their exports and increase employment.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote