View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 12:16   #44
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Do you wear one and if so why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
politicians love a good poppy day they get to show their respect....

want to know what government really thinks of the men and women they send to fight take a look at how they treat them when they come home

a soldier can go from hero to thieving lazy cripple sponger in a heartbeat
I have to agree,those who send folk to war on the back of lies don't give a flying about ex-service personnel once they are of no use....for that we have the British Legion to thank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jason, the best thing you could do is bow out of this thread as you still do not get it.

The men who fought in those conflicts you mention were not given a choice. They were conscripted men.

If you are unsure of the impiications of this, then I suggest you look it up and find out what happened to those men who did not present themselves to the appropriate service centre at the required time.

These men did NOT fight because war was honourable...but because their country was, and it required this of them.
They fought for the freedoms we have today......now, from what you have written it appears that you cannot see this.......and I fear that it doesn't matter how many times it is explained, or how it is explained, you will not get it.......that is really sad because if you don't get it how can we expect the youngsters growing up to respect the sacrifices made by young men for their freedom?
My point was that back in the day it wasn't as easy for folk to know the truth about war, there was no WWW,so folk relied heavily on the propaganda pumped by the MMS.Most folk who joined did so for what they thought were honourable reasons and I was just thinking how many of them would of took jail or whatever had they knew the truth about what they was fighting for...it may not seem that way but I'm on your side M......please don't take off your velvet glove

Your right,it's time for me to "bow out".....after a educational video.

Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote