Thread: Roy Frankland
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2015, 21:09   #2
Paul Frankland
Junior Member+

Re: Roy Frankland

Hi Bob

I joined the Forum today and wondered if my father's cricketing past was mentioned. It seems you were hoping to contact him.

Both he and Mum have moved into residential care in their own small town in Tisbury, Wiltshire. They both have dementia and have been looked after for nearly a year now.

I have spoken to you on the phone about your Accy books. I bought one for him and he ordered a couple more. Actually you phoned me about Grammar School Old Boys. I was there for a few weeks only and didn't feel connected enough to sign up.

Dad will be thrilled that you were enquiring after him and I will pass on any message you care to send. You were correct- he is 93!

In just the last few days I have succumbed to nostalgia and started wondering about my Peel Park classmates. I was there 51-57 with the likes of David Lloyd, Jack Duckworth, Alan Erling Mitton. The latter has or had Old Boys links (President?)

From my first look at the forum (today) it appears that between you and Margaret Pilkington anything Accy can be tracked down!!

Best wishes
Paul

Last edited by Neil; 06-03-2017 at 13:00. Reason: removed email address
Paul Frankland is offline   Reply With Quote