Thread: Wycombe Game
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 20:04   #22
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The pitch is infinitely better than it has ever been. It seems to cope with prolonged rain but can't cope with a monsoon that suddenly arrives.

In all honesty what could be done to improve it? It sits on a clay bed which really couldn't be dug up no matter how much realistic money you want to throw at it. Perhaps the only answer would be to throw another foot of soil across the top of it?

Cost of action/potential loss of revenue for odd game
...................profit or loss.....................................
Good point.....I live in CLAYton le Moors and stand on the CLAYton end of our ground. Next door to our ground is a massive quarry where they dug out CLAY which was used for the famous NORI brick! I played on our pitch in Stanley's early days in the seventies and we had to play around the large puddles!
When I compare then with now I cannot believe what an amazing pitch we now have! Credit to the club for where we have travelled to in all respects including the pitch, and to Buzza for maintaining such a wonderful playing surface. The weather this Autumn has been very unusual in that we had a bone dry October and totally sodden November. Lets hope that we can make it a 'Frosty' December for all of our opponents in the rest of this month and then we can wish them all a "Very HUMBUG Christmas".
ON STANLEY ON...even with FLIPPERS on!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote