View Single Post
Old 22-12-2015, 19:39   #1
andyd
God Member

John Coleman talking to the BBC,

Cumbria floods: Accrington boss criticises Carlisle ground moves

Accrington Stanley manager John Coleman has criticised the Football League for allowing Carlisle United to move their home games because of flooding.
Following flooding at Brunton Park, Carlisle have three 'home' fixtures at neutral grounds and beat Notts County at Preston's Deepdale on Saturday.
Stanley's last two home games were postponed because of waterlogging.
"I'm really upset about how the league's handled the Carlisle affair," Coleman told BBC Radio Lancashire.
"We are now games behind Carlisle. We've had two postponements and they've been allowed to play elsewhere and I don't think it's right or fair.
"I don't think it's fair on the rest of the 23 teams who have to go to Carlisle when some teams won't have to go there.
"I just don't think it's anywhere near any shape or form fair.
"I've got nothing against Carlisle, I wish them all the best in their ventures and what they do, but it's shifting the rules.
"I've got every sympathy for the people that have lost belongings and homes, I'm not decrying any of that - I'm just saying strictly from a football point of view it's an unfair advantage to play at another ground."
The Cumbrians will also play upcoming matches at Blackburn's Ewood Park and Blackpool's Bloomfield Road.

This has sparked quite a bit of flack on Twitter what are our thoughts on here please.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web