View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 13:37   #94
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
I wish Josh and Matt all the best in their careers, but this leaves a sour taste.

I would have been happy with them if they had declared that they are fully committed to winning promotion with Stanley, but left in the summer at the end of their contracts.

I would have been happy with them if they left this month with decent transfer fees that, at least, protect Stanley's financial interests.

I would have held them as shining examples of what a Stanley player should be if they had been sold this month with decent fees, but as part of the deal had returned to the former Club to try and win promotion for the rest of the season (as Delle Ali did when signing for Spurs last year).

But to go behind the Club's back and secretly negotiate a deal with another Club, knowing that it delivers the worst possible outcome for their current employers. That leaves a really sour taste.

I know that it's easy to blame their obnoxious agent, but this is about respect. I thought Josh and Matt were better than that.

John and Jimmy have been here before. Remember how we lost most of the 'Play Off' squad a few seasons ago but they have built another great squad and will do again!
ON STANLEY ON with JIMMY and JOHN....
.....to further glorious chapters in the history of our beloved Accrington Stanley!

Last edited by choirboy; 07-01-2016 at 13:42.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote