View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 16:27   #97
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

MY Opinion......I'd drop the pair of them now. Permanently.

I don't begrudge the fact that both players have a right to better themselves and move on to bigger and better things. But the way this situation has been played out, leaves a very bitter taste and is quite frankly showing that the pair showed a total lack of respect for the club (who gave them a second chance) and our fans who have supported them.

For me, they both can go and kick a can around on an empty street somewhere until they get their move. I wouldn't have either of them anywhere near the 1st team. I doubt they'll "run through brick walls" for the club and if we are to secure a place in the promotion or even the play off places, we can't carry passengers who are just marking time. I'd also question what this situation does for team morale ??

We're going to have to get used to playing without them so I'd pick players who actually want to play for the club...so step up McCarten to replace Windass and possibly Proccy (if he's match fit??) to fill Crooks' role.

If permanently dropping the pair leaves us thin on the ground numbers wise, I'd hope Coleman can either sign a couple of replacements, gets in a couple of loan players till the end of the season, or failing that give some of our younger fringe players a place on the bench.

I'd also like to express my utter contempt at Glasgow Rangers. I could use stronger words but this forum won't allow them.I admired Mark Warburton when he was manager of Brentford. I thought he was a decent bloke. Not now......

For Rangers to not even have the decency to ask for permission to talk to the pair is crass. They've treated OUR club, our Chairman, Majority Shareholder, our management team and our fans..... with utter disdain and disregard.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote