View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 17:26   #99
Exile on Spencer St
God Member

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

On balance, Carpon, I agree with you. Sorry, F19, but I think your usual optimism is misplaced. But in the end, it'll be Professor Coleman's decision that matters.
I think Rangers should be told that, if they expect to welcome two match fit players in June, they should stump up some money now to buy them out of their current contracts with Stanley. The alternative should be them welcoming two lads who haven't kicked a ball in a match for 6 months. If Stanley are to survive without Messrs Windass and Crooks, may as well start now. Why should other players sit on their backsides on the bench for the entire second half of this season just so Rangers can avoid having to pay to keep 'their' players fit.
I think most agree with those who reckon Shay McCarten is ready to take on Windass's place. As for replacing Crooks, I wonder if Seamus Conneely could move upfield and have Messrs Buxton or Proctor take over the more defensive role that Seamus currently fills so well.

Just hope the rain allows the game to go ahead on Saturday so Professor Coleman can get on with a job that was always difficult, but now, thanks to some pimp/agent who doesn't give a toss for the club, is even more so.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote