View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 17:58   #103
VamboOssy

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

I know I've only been a Stanley 'fan' since last season but for what little it's worth here is what I think.
What has shocked me most about all of this is the vitriol which some Stanley supporters currently have pouring out of their mouths. Some of the comments on social media in particular have been downright nasty.
I also think the way things have been put across by official sources on social media have been extremely naive at best.
For those who think that the lads should be dropped and never play for us again... WTF? That is simply a classic case of 'biting off one's nose to spite face' Even someone as new to things as I am can see that there is no one to replace Crooks within the current squad and dropping him would be damaging to the team and the teams chances of promotion.
The club may have hoped for a better outcome to the always inevitable loss of Crooks and Windass but it is what it is and surely the thing to do is make the best of it? If the lads aren't dragged out of the club and burnt at the stake which seems to be the preferred option for some then... hopefully commonsense will prevail, our good form will continue and come the end of the season we will be in with a shout of promotion.
Josh and Matt go with my best wishes and I look forward to see who the club and management recruit for next season.