View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 10:57   #139
accybeme
Senior Member+

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
You make excellent points, but please don't equate our poor attendances with our location between Blackburn and Burnley. Remember that Stockport County can average attendances of about 3000 - and they are only 7 miles from the Etihad and Old Trafford.

I have very mixed feelings about this whole episode and I suspect that we did ourselves no favours with the ludicrous claim that one or both of these would be our first million pound player. I also suspect that Rangers will have played by the rules - no more, no less. It is impossible to go beyond that and talk about "rights and wrongs" because football, in its entirety, exists in a moral vacuum.

If the pair are selected to play, it will be interesting to see how the fans respond. I have a suspicion that fans will certainly react to a few misplaced passes or missed opportunities to score.
I can't see any good will come from holding them back until the summer window, neither player is going to risk injury in the remainder of this season, the best option must be to get a reasonable fee from Rangers and move on,
on the Blackburn / Burnley not an issue on our fan base
Stockport av. 3000 from population of 138000 = 1 in every 46
Stanley av 1400 from population of 37000 = 1 in every 27
as both clubs suffer from bigger clubs in the area its impossible to equate the full effects but the fact is they do inhibit the fan base to both clubs
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote