View Single Post
Old 18-01-2016, 19:09   #27
Chewbacca
Full Member+

Re: Hartlepool Match Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This may have already been discussed to death but, after last night's postponement and the Newport aqua fest, it reminded me that Stanley were reported some time ago (probably in the summer, with no other footie news) as being one club in favour of the League allowing G4 artificial surfaces.

Q1. Do you think Stanley's current style would suit an artificial surface?
Q2. Are they any more resilient to the amount of rain that, too often, can bless Accy?

Personally, I'd prefer to see a game on real turf, but just wondered how far Stanley's current excellent passing game would be even more effective on plastic.
The style would adapt to suite the pitch I think. Oldham played some brilliant one touch football under Joe Royle on the older style pitch even with a big guy up front like Ian Marshall. They well used it to their advantage and got to the League Cup final and promotion to the top division before it was torn up.

The new 4G stuff (not the 3G with rubber crumb) holds up more like grass and the bounce is much more realistic. The only problem is the plastic pitches used to take more out of players physically than grass, managers would sometimes rest players in their 30's.

Warmer tonight than Friday for certain, I won't believe it is on until it kicks off though.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote