Thread: Toothache
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2016, 18:51   #2
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Toothache

I also had a phobia of dentists...I didn't visit the dentists for more than 40 years.
I filed down broken teeth with a diamond file rather than go and be seen.
Then i decided that this was stupid. I put myself on the list to be accepted by Accy Vic dentist(this later became the current Oak house Dentists).
I was assigned to the care of a lovely man....David Heeley. In the first few weeks he removed 5 broken stumps of teeth and did a couple fillings for me.
He offered to refer me to hospital for a general anaesthetic, but I declined and had all this work done under local anaesthetic.....he went at my pace and was very very patient with me.
I have been going for regular check ups now for about 8 years.
I still get butterflies when I have to attend, but I am far better.
Alas on the 17th of December David Heeley left Oak house to take over a dental unit for nervous and vulnerable adults in based in Preston.
I will have to get used to someone new, but due to the good work he did I know that this is OK......and those very nervous patients in Preston are getting a gem of a dentist.

Jason, glad to hear that you have been sorted out.....now you should see if they would take you on, so that you never need to go through all that again.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote