Thread: War Records
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 14:57   #13
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: War Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
I suppose it is typical beaurocratic lunacy that they didn't store them away from London in a nice deep bunker somewhere but they are the more intelligent amongst us so obviously thought they knew best.

Without that information, future generations will be subject to much frustration with all the inaccurate data around.

This ancestry business is interesting but a lack of information is very frustrating at times. We have connections with the original Broad Oak Farm and later Higher Withams and Height's Farm.
I knew those farms well in my youth, and more so when I was in the fir brig adee, one of my jobs was keepung the farm recordss upto date, but I don't recognise the farm in the picture. its nowt like Broad Oak & Higher Withams, Higher Witham had a row of cottages along side known as Heights Cottages. The surviving military records are now safely stored away, they were however copied and Ancestry pays a fee to the national Archives, and then over charges people to view them. The people that created Ancestry's indexing system were either Klingon's or Romulens, its full of errors, I've had over 150 thanks messages from Ancestry for notifictions, but they never gave me a rebate.
Any way what is it you want to know, I only deal with Greater Accrington WW1.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote