View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 14:59   #41
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Getting rid of Tories ...

The landscape of warfare has changed dramatically since then Cashy.
And I didn't say it was likely to happen, but I said that is what should happen.
any other scenario and muslims would see it purely as western aggression .......no way would we, (the western world) be seen to be restoring lands to the people who they belong to.
This can be seen by the way some people have recently been trying to manipulate history of WW2.

I know that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, but they did not (to my knowledge...and I am prepared to be educated if anyone knows different) take guerilla action, make forays to detonate bombs in public places with the intention of mass murderof civilians in other countries.
To my knowledge they did not mingle covertly as tourists/members of the public, with the intent of causing harm and destruction....they wore uniforms....they operated on a different level....in a war that was a 'declared war'.
As I say the landscape of everything has changed. Negotiation does not seem to be a realistic option, but I am not sure that western force would be a solution either.

Yes, ISIS need to be defeated, but with intelligent means.
Cut off their money, cut off their ability to communicate, cut off their supplies.....that would be a start I suppose.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote