View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 19:05   #39
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: 2016/17 Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Disabled tickets. Bit of a minefield but i'll try to describe what the club does.

There is no obligation to reduce the price of tickets for disabled supporters as far as I am aware. In fact reducing the cost of a ticket for a disabled person can be seen as positive discrimination as I am reminded frequently by visiting disabled supporters.
It's more about access for disabled supporters. If a supporter with medium or high disability needs a carer we offer a free ticket for the carer with no reduction for the disabled supporter. Away supporters comment on how fair this is and are happy with this policy.
We were criticised last season for having reduced prices for both disabled and carers.
Season tickets are similar this season. Disabled pay full price for their age bracket, carer is free. Sometimes there are times when individual cases are considered for a discount.

Unfortunately I haven't been involved in next year's season ticket arrangements/ pricing but I will ask for the information any of you need at the weekend. Maybe setting up a disabled supporters working group is an idea.

Anything else you would like to know i'll answer if I can or find out if I can't.

Robert Houseman SLO [email protected]
Thanks rob, I fully accept the club is under no obligation to offer a concession to anybody. My grumble is simple. Last season and a couple prior to this I have purchased a disability concession by showing my DLA letter and other evidence of partial sightedness to you . who I may add was very helpful. I paid my money and got my ticket, I would like to question the misinterpretation of positive discrimination. this legislation was allowed to bring equality in the work place. If you follow the logic that to offer a disability concession is positive discrimination and has been suggested to me, That this would be illegal to offer a concession to the disabled. Then surely this must apply to all concessions or is it ok to pick and choose who the club discriminates against? I can't see why this has become a problem this season. I am sorry you were not involved this season as I am sure this would not have happened. I do think it sends out the wrong message to loyal fans.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote