View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 20:34   #28
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: How To Re-Decorate A Micro-Wave Oven

So, there I was this morning, yet again let down by the female of the species, (no Margaret not just you, I do play the helpless male with other women).

I looked at many ways that I could get what was now beginning to be a fossilised version of egg removed from my main form of food warming instument.
Some of you may remember my thread about cleaning a vacuum cleaner in a dish washer,
however to clean a microwave using this method wouldn't work to get at the eggy bits I would have to leave the door of the microwave open AND remove any electrical bits (not enough room).

So I took the bull by the horns, turned on the hot tap and filled a sink with cleaning chemicals.

The problem seemed to be as soon as the water hit the guts it cooled and anything I touched congealed back where it started.

Then I hit on the idea, put the oven on for an hour let it burn everything to a crisp then use a scraper to remove the ashes.

Yep that works except, now I've re-assembled the oven, instead of going beep, beep, beep to signify the end of a cycle, it just sort of goes burp, hic, tilt and game over.

Anyone out there that knows a woman that has natural tendencies towards house cleaning, I'm beginning to believe she could be cheaper than a replacement oven.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote