View Single Post
Old 22-02-2016, 14:59   #22
daisybeth
Junior Member+

Re: wanted any e j riley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoss View Post
I recently found a "3/4 EJ Riley Snooker Table" in my father's collection of stuff. I was told that he acquired in in the late 1950's from a castle somewhere in England. It has been broken down to prepare it for restoration, but nothing has been done to it so far. It has the full piece of slate, undamaged and the five sections of wood that convert it to a dining table. The felt is bad, the net pockets need replacing and the rubber guards need replacing. All the hardware is with it though. How do I find out it's current value and if anyone might be interested in acquiring it? The metal plate is stamped with E.J. Riley LTD Accrington, serial # A64941. Can you point me in the right direction for history? Thank you!
I'm not able to provide any history except that my grandfather probably had a hand in making said table. He worked for E.J. Riley for many years constructing tables. I have his spirit level and also a lamp base of all things[ made from a snooker table leg] which was a wedding present for my mum and dad way back in the forties.
daisybeth is offline   Reply With Quote