View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 09:36   #54
Revived Red
Senior Member+

Re: Notts County match thread

I rather think that this ticket debate should have its own thread. But it doesn't - so here I am.

Firstly, I am mystified why there hasn't been any official announcement possibly even with a fanfare. Or even fan fare!!! I still have an open mind about the new regime but management by stealth (or by whispers or by twitter) is not a good idea.

Secondly, it has to be said that there are now plenty of away grounds where there is no cash admission at turnstiles. So it is certainly not a new concept.

And thirdly, does this mean we have a new ticketing system? We shall certainly need one if we are indeed promoted. It has been a constant source of annoyance to me that, since the days of Lou Carroll, I have been unable to buy tickets when several members of my family come along. To ensure that we have 5 or 6 seats together next to mine has meant arriving quite early (to the annoyance of the children, especially in bad weather) or risking those seats being available (or asking people to move). Here I must thank the two people (they know who they are) who have done their very best to ensure that seats were available.

I know that Lou's system was very expensive and I know that my situation is probably unusual, perhaps unique. But I do hope that the club is organising a proper ticketing system that will allow pre-purchase. I also hope that the club has thought through the whole system and that the introduction is not "tinpot" or even shambolic. Saturday could be interesting.

In more general terms, come on Mr Burgess. Tell us out loud what is going on. The club has supporters (and fans) outside Accrington and we cannot hear the whispers and gossip.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote