View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 09:44   #56
andyd
God Member

Re: Notts County match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Just been on the Fishy Site which is working fine now.....

Watched Coley's post match interview and he was 'Furious' with the players for the drop in form last night after going three up! He rightly praised Rommy Boco and Mark Hughes for their good performances and also Billy Kee but he fairly laid into the rest of the team. He particularly picked out Crooksy for what I think was some rather harsh criticism for 'lack of effort'! For me Crooksy didn't show a lack of effort just a complete lack of composure in front of goal! Had he scored scored a couple of goals, from the several chances that he had last night, then he could have probably shared the MOM award with Rommy after a famous 5 - 0 victory!
Crooksy is an enigma........he looks somewhat casual when he is on the ball.......when he is without the ball he covers more ground than he appears to due to his 'loping' running style.......but he must be so difficult to play against as opponents find it difficult to get the ball off him and he does have a wonderful understanding with Seamus Coneely.
Crooksy played as a centre forward against us for Hartlepool when on loan there from Huddersfield and he was woeful then in front of goal!
Coley initially tried him here at Stanley as a centre forward and he was still woeful in front of goal just as he was last night, wasting lots of chances when getting into great scoring positions.
Crooksy is just not a natural goal scorer! I shouted from the Clayton End, mid way through the second half after another scuffed shot, "Crooksy, don't shoot, just pass it to somebody else!"
The bang in the face that Halliday took didn't help our balance but we really lost our shape when County upped the pressure and modified their approach. Give County some credit here because they clearly changed their tactics. It was our lack of understanding, perhaps from the players and from Coley and Jimmy dare I say, in not picking up and responding to that change that made us underperform in the second half IMHO.
During a season every team will normally have a 'Blip'. Let's hope that second half performance was ours and that we get back to 'Normal' on saturday against Barnet!
Excellent post Choirboy I think it maybe is John,s way off geeing his players up the substitution, s changed the game for me their manager got his better than John not blaming John substitution,s are always a gamble and last night I thought they misfired a bit but we saw the game out and claimed all 3 points which could be critical against a very underrated side well done everyone.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote