View Single Post
Old 26-02-2016, 11:30   #40
deeayess

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
I don't think we should let everyone in for nothing, they should be charged an appropriate price. I was using the example to illustrate my point.

Changes to attract bigger attendances:

League 1 football - applicable to both home and away fans
Improved match day experience - including new facilities like the ones being proposed/built
Relatively cheap season ticket - for both the above 200 is reasonable. Most able to afford particularly if saved up over a year, or even a few months.
Fans not moaning at the slightest change - if I was a casual fan, reading some of the moaning seen on here would put me off, it drags the club down over something relatively insignicant e.g. Buying tickets 50 yards from where they usually do. If people can't cope with this 'massive upheaval', I'm surprised they can cope with anything.
What's the back up plan if we don't get promoted
How many other clubs have shiny new grounds and good facilities but can't attract new fans. If that's what matters why are they not at turf moor or Ewood.
Season tickets will never be for everyone and we will never have enough to self finance. If anything they are ridiculously cheap but I can see why as there needs to be income over the summer.
We questioned nothing under the O'Neil regime and look what nearly happened there. If the ideas are so great then explain the benefits as your only argument seems to be just get on with it. If you think fans will be put off by what is put on a message board used by a few dozen fans then I doubt they would have come anyway.
My main concern is this all seems too good to be true so I'd like to know what's behind it all. Andy Holt has done a lot for the club for which he should be commended but let's not build a house of cards.