View Single Post
Old 26-02-2016, 13:08   #43
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Of course it's to do with money. If the price hadn't changed nobody would have said anything, if everyone was let in for free there would be no issue over the Flexi tickets/season tickets/concessions/anything to do with tickets.

Now has that sunk in, or will I need to repeat myself? Banter!
Tom how many times do you need telling, It is not about the money. It is the principle of a new man just coming in and without consulting anybody removing the concession, The flexi ticket was used by a good number of people but I think that has gone now. No consultation. you may be happy to be walked all over but I am not. £40 difference in the tickets is nothing. so when the thousands of fans are queing up to get in next season I will be the first to congratulate those in charge, Stanley was a friendly family club who cared about the people who came through the gates, It has been pointed out that when it was open to anyone to come for free it stil did not get full. Stanley only ever had full houses when we were doing well in the cup or promotion. only twice this season have we exceeded the 2000 mark including away fans and only just exceeding the 2000 shows the club fan base is poor. whether someone like myself who is partially sighted and has walking difficulties should get in cheaper is not the real issue. If the club are prepared to lose people like me for the sake of £40 then that shows the mentality of the person making these decisions. Like I have said it is not a money issue it is a princile, this is not the way Stanley have ever behaved.