View Single Post
Old 27-02-2016, 21:33   #67
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Some people think the new MD is an asterisk. Some people think the manager is an asterisk. Some people will (if not yet then inevitably in the future) think the new owner is an asterisk. Some people think some of the players are asterisks. None of them are more important than the club. If you support the club, whinge about individual personalities if you must, but whatever you do, don't stop supporting the club in whatever way you can. If you do, it'll be gone.

On Stanley On!!
You make some valid points which I fully agree with Chimer. I can assure you or anybody else that I have a record of supporting the club through thick and thin. I don't voice concerns easily although this may not seem to be the case at the moment. It is because myself and many others are worried the club is being mismanaged with obvious faults. I have never or would never criticise the owner who has done so much for the club. But an MD is only a title but it comes with authority, whatever your view things off the field are not going according to plan because there seems to be a lack of a plan. Planning a change to a small club like this needs the confidence of the fans, and it is obvious this is not the case. the sad point is that everybody wants the good changes to work for the club. we need a meeting with him to clear the air and point out that without fans there is no club. We can work together to bring back some glory and History to Accrington Stanley FC. The next OASSC meeting is on the 10th March and the disabled concession is on the agenda and there will be the opportunity for the MD or Andy to come and answer questions and maybe listen to many positive suggestions. we are behind the club.