View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 03:20   #18
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Yeovil match thread

Very disappointing result...Given that Oxford hammered York and that gap is now at eight points....albeit with the two games in hand.....which of course we simply must win !!!

The next six games will make or break our drive for the Autos....including four massive home games against rivals....and one massive away game this Saturday at Wimbledon.

For Automatic promotion....I'd suggest we need 13-14 points from these six games....minimum.

I think it would be a positive move on the club's part to lower the admission fee for these four home games....Four home games within just over a fortnight is a big expense at £15 walk ons......given the extra hassle.....What about some sort of hastily arranged package deal ???? Get folk to commit to coming to all four by offering one as a freebie....a.l.a. £45 for all four ??? Give it a snazzy name such as "Drive for 85 (points)" which I think we'll need for the Automatic place ???

Do I think we're good enough for the Automatic spot......YES.....on our day ( with a fully fit squad ) we could give ANY side in this league a beating.....

Do I think we're good enough to stay in League One should we get there.....

debatable.....

I've been to watch Bury a couple of times recently in L1.....Bury have some top notch players ( at least at L1 level ) on their books who they are paying good wages.....also the standard in L1 is a little better.

I'd consider the Shakers as a Yardstick we need to measure ourselves against....

They went up in third place with 85 points last year ( hence the earlier mentioned slogan !! ).....Whatever they finish up with this season would be an immediate achievement goal for survival if we got into League one for next season....

We're gonna lose two key players for peanuts in the summer. They would need replacing along with a couple of additions.....

I hate to say it...but we've dropped some silly points recently (i.e in the last month ) that may cost us that Auto spot...hope I'm wrong.....but I think the nerve shredding play-offs will be our "reward" for an outstanding season.

Last August any ardent Stanley fan would have given their right arm for that "reward"...

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 02-03-2016 at 03:22. Reason: typo!!
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote