View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 10:14   #28
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Yeovil match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Maybe the frustrations of last night haven't yet been purged from my system, but why am I not surprised that the response to a defeat is to demand a further reduction in admission prices?
How many reductions have to be made before it's accepted that most people in Accrington wouldn't get off their a...s to watch the team if you paid them.
I agree with you Exile. A price reduction or even free has not worked in the past, There is an image problem for the club, There are enough people in the area that lend their support occasionaly. However we have to ask why they don't come on a more regular basis, I have asked and have never been able to get a clear answer that would give the club something to work on. The team winning is the best we can offer at the moment, I don't know what else the club can do to attract and keep fans at the moment. If the worst happened and we didn't make it to league one then I would reluctantly suggest the club needs a complete honest view of what it's capabilities are and how realistic we can be with an average crowd of 14/1500. But that is for the future, The next 4/5 games will decide if we are good enough to go up. I will be there to the end.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote