View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 21:48   #90
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kev View Post
Enough is enough, I have sat on my hands for months reading some of the total negative rubbish about Accrington and the New MD. So given some on here say they are supporters of the club, well my take is that they are either kidding themselves or have an attitude which incites unnecessary conflict.

I refer in particular to the poster Chrisr, who clearly believes the current MD is a “bully” Well Chrisr, let me bring you in to the modern world, you may have not noticed but football in general needs to be run on a commercial basis to ensure the longevity of the club. Albeit, one should add in my view the New MD has a very tough job to get the club to be able to operate on a self-sufficient basis. Your insulin view about someone you have known for a very short amount of time, appears to me to be for selfish reasons.

I very much hope our New MD continues trying to implement new ideas to take our club forward and for you Chrisr, I was sorry to learn you have been ill in recent times, but I very much hope you appetite has improved, because I sense you were be eating plenty of humble pie when this club has been dragged from losing money to self-sufficient club, that will set the base for future generation to enjoy.
As you appear to very supportive in securing more people through the gates, why not spend some of your energy engaging with social media outside the club and generate positive vibes to encourage the local younger population to come to the games.

As for any possible reply you would like to make, I am all ears!!

Up the Stanley and I hope we get all three points at Wimbledon, it really is a must.

King Kev…. A football legend.
Well King Kev, you have obviously read the emails I have exchanged with the MD, you must have listened to the phone calls I have had with the MD. I can assure you I need no lessons of how to bring a club or myself into the modern world. Your patronising ignorant observations are just that. Have you seen our average gates? definitely no where near enough. I may have known the MD for a very short time but I judge people by deeds not just words. If you have not noticed I have not mentioned the MD for best part of a week but I knew somebody would. You suggest I have made my comments for selfish reasons!!!!!!!!! There is a world of difference between principle and selfish. The removal of the disabled concession without any warning or consultation. we then are told we are going cahless at the turnstiles for safety reasons. OK but why no option to purchase tickets on line? shows there is no infrastructure in place yet, we are met with people including the MD selling tickets in a pergola and taking cash. a bit bewildering I think, hardly the professional face we wish to show to the world.
I hope the MD has the nounce to know when he has got it wrong. Why not run his ideas past us in the supporters club at least? we are all supposed to be on the same side. I won't revisit old ground but I will not be eating humble pie. And just for the record I have done my share to help this club stay afloat, I want this club to move on to bigger and better things. I believe Andy Holt is the man with the vision and finance to do this. I don't think the new MD is the man to fulfil this ambition, As for trying to get more supporters through the gates, I suggest that perhaps yourself and the new MD go out in Hyndburn and encourage the Asian population to come as they make up a fair percentage of the community. But spouting the arrogant nonsense based on hear say is more likely to put people off. I am aware that the club needs to be put on a more commercial footing with enough revenue to progress. I think if you were to read my post's you will note where I have complained I have tried to offer a solution. I don't recall reading any posts from you. But whatever you or I think, we can't seem to raise our base attendance above 14/1500 excluding away fans. That is a serious problem that the club and fans need to address. we need to pull together not put fans off. I noticed you singled me out for criticism maybe the truth is getting through. A true supporter is a friend of the club and will speak out if they see things that need attention, keeping quiet helps nobody.