View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 20:43   #118
deeayess

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
what we should have, as a club, is a collective acumen that would enable us to establish good and viable business plans for a whole plethora of different businesses. If you couple that with, in theory, enough cash to throw at something to ensure it is self sufficient, then there is no reason why any differnt number of propositions couldn't turn a Red and White profit.

The example of the gym. Not including that it would have benefits for the footballing squad and saving the club some money in the process .... If I was to open a gym I would have the bare bones of finance in order to try to make it succeed. I've no idea how much money would be involved but let's say I put £10k into it. The amount of kit would be pitiful and any marketing would be lost as first timers would come, sneer, and never come again (a bit like they do at The Crown). Sure I'd have friends and family and the occasional loners but it wouldn't cut the mustard. Now if I had say, 3 or 4 business mentors plus £30k it would open in a blaze of positivity and it would be far harder to fail with.
I've given you the gym. That sounds like it could be viable from a low cost base and minimal start up, in the grand scheme of things, if you are using the ground as a base.

I'm sure there are many fans with varying skills who could assist the club but that would require a driving force who could unite the fans and that is where it becomes harder but something has to be tried to create a viable source of income long term.