View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 11:38   #245
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Metal Detecting (Including Finds).

I've not been detecting for a few days because,well,ruddy Mrs E, life and work have been getting in the way of detecting.

Anyhow,I decided things had to change and today I had a couple of hours in the snow swinging the detecting stick around at the local park.
It was lovely and quite at first till a influx of youths (about 10-13yrs old) came and spoilt the silence.
One young lad came over after about 10mins and asked "what you looking for?" to which I replied "anything metal".
Whilst he was present,I had a signal and he asked if he could dig it up.
I was a little reluctant at first, but not wanting to get attacked by snowballs,I showed him how to cut a sod out and I found a pound coin in the hole.
I gave it to him and said he could keep it and with that he went running back to his clique.
It wasn't long before I had another signal and before I knew it I had all these young whippersnappers round me, they were like seagulls round a chip, asking if they could dig it up.

I said "no" but allowed them to stay and watch,I think they were expecting a hoard of pound coins ,but their dreams were short lived as I pulled a rusty can out from the hole

Well,the finds of note are:-

1 unknown,tooled, lead item
1 (fake bling) dog bone tag
1 silver tiger charm
1 pre decimal penny
2 pre decimal half pennies
1 rusty chain and £4.30p in spendable coins.

image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote