View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 13:37   #145
deeayess

Re: Sorry, Mr Burgess - still "tinpot"

I would hazard a guess that it is the IP address as these are all logged with the moderators so it is perhaps unfair to disguise the fact that the poster in question and the moderator post from the same IP address if true because the person making the statement doesn't know the difference between an IP address and server.

As to data protection, it is unlikely that the act has been breached as, on the face of it, no personal data has been divulged. I could tell you that my wife and I post from the same computer therefore will have the same IP address but all that tells you is I am daft for letting the wife near my computer it does not disclose any personal data.

What it may be is a breach of ethics on this forum by a moderator. The simple solution to the argument would be for people to report it to a moderator and they can deal with the whole situation as they see fit.

I rate King Kev's opinion as highly as I do Dav0's but that doesn't mean he hasn't the right to post it as long as it isn't illegal or misleading. He can do likewise with me if he wants.