View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 18:20   #58
deeayess

Re: Don's Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Considering the amount of money, fans, infrastructure, it's standing in british culture etc etc etc.... It is incredulous that officiating in football is as poor and as controversial as it is. Every other sport has moved on with technology (in many cases it enhances the experience such as tennis) and professionalism. Football referees need to take a long hard look at themselves, accept that they aren't performing well enough for a sport in 2016 and change. Some people think controversy are part of the 'romance' of watching football - I don't, it puts me off the sport, I would rather watch a highly skilled, uncontroversial game.

My first step would be connecting them all up to a microphone. If your decisions are correct and you are confident they are doing a professional job, they should have nothing to fear.

Be careful what you wish for. Up here the refs were pushed too far and went on strike so the SFA had to go round europe to get refs who would come over. They got 11 in the end but fortunately the weather was so bad most games were off that weekend and they came back thefollowing weekend.

However bad you think they are a poor ref is better than no ref because no ref means no game. If football did bring in more technology it won't be at our level it will be in the top two divisions. There's a reason we get these refs and it's because we are in the bottom division.

God knows how we ever managed when it was highlights of 3 games per week and all we could do was argue in the pub .
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote