View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 18:40   #59
Jeg Red

Re: Don's Match Thread

I've had a go at refereeing, albeit, at nowhere near football league level and it's very difficult - every single decision is questioned by someone either playing or watching to various level of vociferousness, anger, gamesmanship etc.

I also know a few lads who have worked hard at their refereeing, take it very seriously and practice at football league level. These people are dedicated to being the best they can be and, as they've progressed up the levels, they've also gained experience about the game - how it's played and the expectations players and club officials at the different levels have. They understand the game.

Mr Kettle's decision yesterday was simply incredible. How a man who has progressed up the refereeing levels, has taken charge of hundreds of games, allegedly understands the game, can blow the whistle for half time after a striker has took a shot from about 10 yards from goal is simply incredible. The play was building, so either blow the whistle as Pierro's pass is in the air or wait until after the play has gone dead after Kee's shot.

As an earlier poster said, technically, Mr Kettle did nothing wrong, however, he showed an amazing lack of judgement and understanding of the game. I'll be very disappointed with the Football League if he's asked to take charge of a game this week.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote