Thread: Windows 10
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 08:34   #73
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Windows 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I have set my heart on a new Apple Mac though. They seem superior all round to Windows machines. I'm just a bit concerned about my Windows software. I've a upto date full Microsoft office suite plus software I use for transferring music and photos to my iPad without getting iCloud or whatever involved.
I have a recent Photoediting suite from Nikon and one from Coral. All expense I dont want to repeat on a Mac.
I can do without the photo software as I don't often do more than crop my pictures. I prefer to use the camera in manual and get results that way, some photos I see look really false with too mch manipulation.
There are some very good free bits of software out there you can use,

For example try Open Office , It has all you need to replace Microsoft Office and can be downloaded for Windows, Mac or Linux.

Gimp2 an excellent 'GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP).' Again can be downloaded for all platforms.

Both the above organisations offer excellent 'how to' support and are open source, no need to be stuck with expensive windows based software if you look for quality replacements.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote