View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 08:19   #17
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Defining Moment ??...a thread for today !.

Man for man they were better; faster, fitter, hungrier, classier. They chased down our possession and gave us no time on the ball to build anything. I cant recall any meaningful shot on target from us.

It could just be a bad day at the office, but it was a huge game for both sides and perhaps their wage bill has bought big game mentality? All of their players have that experience and attitude to deal with it whereas much of our squad is young with no experience to speak of.

For me only Billy Kee and Brad Halliday can take any credit from that game, the rest were woefully short of what they can do. The defence were run ragged by probably the most talented forward line in the league, Roberts was a class above whenever he got the ball.

Final note to their fans. I've not heard a louder set of fans on The Crown in over 30 years, what a shame that they only one song and that its only 2 lines long. Their numbers and our songbook would be worth a 15 point headstart every season at this level. At full time the Stanley fans were singing to Billy Kee, the tannoy was yapping away and Pompey were still imploring themselves to "play up". Good on 'em, 584 midweek to Accrington? We dont take that to Morecambe!