Old 10-03-2016, 12:55   #46
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Cowshed build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
I don't post very often on here as you will see from my profile, but I feel that I may be in a position to offer some valid input into this discussion.
I live on the "New build" at the back of the ground - admittedly not on Epping Avenue which is right next to the Whinney Hill stand, but within 5 minutes walk of the ground.
I feel that any improvement made to the ground will be exactly that - improvements. I would guess that building a larger Whinney Hill Stand would block some of the noise and bad language from the ground and would certainly look better than the back of the cowsheds as they are at the moment.
I do however feel that the club has missed a trick. The occupants of the "New build" should've been consulted about the improvements (if only out of courtesy) and brought on board with the project. As we all know, lack of transparency breeds ill-feeling towards the club.
The parking issue - well, in some respects, as a season-ticket holder - I hope this is a problem. We need more fans drastically, but I hope some allowance will be made for additional parking. Whalley Road was absolutely chocker on Tuesday night, and quite dangerous considering the poor quality of the road surface.
I agree the occupants should outa courtesy been spoken too. But as Mr Holt aint increasing the ground capacity, then i fail to see how any complaint can be justified? as you yerself say the stand will actually make things better for residents,so i cant see it being much of a problem? Meself i reckon its a very shrewd move not increasing by our owner.

Last edited by cashman; 10-03-2016 at 12:57. Reason: addition
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web