View Single Post
Old 25-03-2016, 07:39   #6
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: It's Ten O'clock at night for God's sake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
This is where we are allowed to differ, adult humour, often involves all you said, just because you don't find it humorous doesn't mean it isn't humorous, some of it is tongue in cheek and subtle that doesn't mean offensive. However I wouldn't allow a child to watch it, after all if a child laughs at sexual innuendo what has been going on to make someone so young understand?
Yes, of course Less. And that is what makes the world interesting.
I have to say that I do make exceptions from time to time.
I watched the series 'Happy Valley'....Mainly, because I am a fan of the writer (Sally Wainright) and the actress Sarah Lancashire.
Yes,there were adult themes. Yes, there was violence, but it was all in keeping with the storyline and had not been put in purely to attract viewers.

I have also watched the 'Night Manager'.....some of it from the back of the sofa(I told you I was only 14 in my head).
I didn't appreciate the view of Hiddleston's bum while they performed the horizontal tango in the vertical plane.....but then that is just me. I would have preferred it if the producers had implied what was going on......again that is just me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote