View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:59   #40
Lost in Cornwall

Re: Luton Town Thread

Thought we were going to struggle early on. Luton played a pressure game that prevented us playing out from the back and Terry was struggling against their two big lads at the back. Also they seemed to be finding too much space between our holding midfielders and the back four. Only a couple of decent saves, a great tackle from Halliday and a really bad miss kept them out in the first twenty minutes but then we seemed to find our feet and they didn't seriously threaten after that although we didn't much in the first half.
A great run and pull back from Joss and a great finish from Scott Brown two minutes into the second half changed everything and from then on in felt like there would only be one winner confirmed with Fosu's superb cross and Terry Gornell's header for the second.
I thought Brad Halliday was outstanding today supported by Piero Mingoia who covered every blade of grass down both right wings. Gornell struggled early on but grew into the game and won more and more balls second half and deserved his goal. Fosu will play at a much higher level but I couldn't work out whether the management had told him to run all over the place or whether he lacks the positional discipline to stick to his wing so I'm still not convinced by him as a starter but as an impact sub against a tiring defence you couldn't want anything better.
I couldn't get to Woking because of a wedding. I can't get to Wycombe because of a wedding. Is it going to happen again? I think it might!
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote