View Single Post
Old 16-04-2016, 19:15   #46
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Match Thread

I was at the match today.
Happily frustrated that my usual spot in the Clayton End was filled by lots of under 12's!......!!!!
Happily frustrated that I had to queue up for pee at half time......!!!...(phew, I just made it!)........

So it was indeed a great turnout by Accy folk!!!
Frustrated by the result.......... two points dropped......IMHO......but have to give credit to Morecambe because they did their homework on us!
Our main threat Pierro was manacled by the close attention of his opposing fullback and Billy was simply bullied again! I thought though that Billy was immense though, as he continued to battle against oppressive defenders with very little protection from the referee! The referee was very inconsistent letting several cynical fouls go without a word from Morecambe players and then booking Hughes late on for a similar foul!
It was a real shame that two defensive errors cost us the two points as the two lads involved, Davies and Halliday, have been tremendous all season! No criticism intended here as I think they are both candidates for 'Player of the Season'.
Morecambe pressed us all over the pitch and I think that some of our boys felt the 'pressure of expectation' today.
Still, Oxford lost and we are still in there with a shout of automatic promotion".
A Tremendous atmosphere in the Clayton End today with the extra numbers.
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web