View Single Post
Old 16-04-2016, 20:17   #1
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Hartlepool match thread

I do hope that Coley abandons what appears to be his recent policy of bigging up our forthcoming opponents and managers in advance. It certainly came back to bite him big time on the butt today. All week he was praising Jimbo and Kenny in spite of a terrible run of results, with an open invitation to their team and supporters to put on a performance against us, which is exactly what happened! I know he is big mates with Jim but surely there is no need to give such comfort to the opposition in advance. Fair enough, I have no problem with giving credit after the event, but can you imagine Keith Curle, for example, showing any sympathy to us with his Carlisle squad before our games? Not a chance, quite the reverse in fact, and they never seem to lack motivation when taking us on, do they? Coley even had the nerve to complain about the Shrimps failing to compete with the Daggers recently in his post match today, as compared with their efforts against us!
Can't have it both ways, John.
It almost makes me yearn for the old days when we were often reviled for our perceived ugly image, shall we call it?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web