View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 23:25   #20
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: Good luck from Wycombe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
To be a bit more accurate, it was illegal, possibly injurious to anyone with a lung problem - and certainly frightening for young children as my three grandchildren will confirm. But let's ignore them - they obviously don't count amid the Stanley euphoria.
I'm with RR on this one - with a less relaxed set of stewards, or an over-zealous police presence, it could have soured the whole wonderful atmosphere that otherwise surrounded the day. I didn't see how it got from where it was set off at the back of the stand to where it ended up in the middle of the families at the front - hopefully not lobbed thorough the air, which would have been exceptionally dangerous, but I'm not sure how else it could have.

My man of the match goes to the fan who carried it out to the front so it could be dunked in the firebucket - respect

Hopefully our own stewards will be on the lookout for any attempted repetition on Saturday, so allow time for extended bag searches folks - and we'll know who to thank for that.

Back to the positives - maybe not the prettiest of games but a great result, and promotion is still in our hands. On Stanley On!!