View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 19:08   #94
Trumpton
Junior Member+

Re: Anyone Go to St. Christopher's C of E High?

I went there from 1979 -1984. Mr Jollys was the headmaster when I joined and Mr Roberts when I left.

I remember getting a rollicking from Mrs Ormerod (dep head) for rolling over the waistband of my skirt to make it shorter. She used to make us kneel on the floor and if our skirt didn't touch the floor we were in trouble.

Mr Manning and Mr Graves taught art both were so patient.

Mr Bielby - maths. He was so feared by the kids he made the child catcher in chatty chatty bang bang look like Pudsey bear.

I remember he never turned up to any of the parents evenings because he'd get lynched by the angry parents he was a crack shot with a board duster and a piece of chalk and would slam the desk lid down on your hands if you were rummaging around inside it when he was talking.

Mr Leaver was my maths teacher. Awwww bless him!
He used to carry a sized 12 white plimsole around with him with a sad face drawn on the sole in yellow chalk. If you got in trouble he walloped you on the backside with it and you had to walk round with a sad face on your arse. He was a lovely patient bloke though. I think I only saw him lose it once in 5 years.

Mrs Pope the cookery teacher. One time she was off sick and we were supposed to be making fairy cakes. Miss Martin stood in for her and told us we had to read quietly. We moaned so much she eventually gave in and let us make the fairy cakes giving us free rein of the food colours and flavours from Mrs Popes stock cupboard. BIG MISTAKE!

I made green Orange flavoured cakes with purple mint icing. They were revolting. Miss Martin was such a good sport. She tasted everyone's bakes and scored us far too generously.

On our last day someone cling filmed all of the toilets.
Tied a rope to the handle of the music room and the banister locking Miss Brown into her classroom
Set off stink bombs in the corridors and nailed a matching knickers and bra set to the cross outside the main entrance to the school.

I've often wondered how many times that cross has been decorated over the years.

Last edited by Trumpton; 12-05-2016 at 19:15.
Trumpton is offline   Reply With Quote