View Single Post
Old 15-05-2016, 22:10   #1
Div3North
Senior Member+

2015/16 Prediction League Shootout; Game 2 v Wimbledon AFC (home)

Accrington Stanley

V

AFC Wimbledon

2015/16 Prediction League; Playoff Shootout 2 v Wombles (home)

Oh boogar!

What is it about us and the 92nd minute? First Brizzle, then the Wombles? And how’s Billy Whizz’s head? Didn’t look too good .......... And why – miracle saves apart – can’t we score goals any more? No-one got any bonus points, fairly obviously, from Shootout 1 ................ and now we’ve got to score ..... and then we’ve got to win, even if by the Dreaded Penalty Dog’s Dinner ........... repeat after me; If I take a penalty, I will not put it past the post, too near the GK, miles over the bar, and – most of all – I will not be a clever clogs and try to dink the keeper (which is probably illegal in public anyway).

And there are the new extra bonus points opportunities for you for this game; one point for each of the first five Stanley penalty takers you can identify (before kick-off, natch ...), and ten points if you correctly identify any who go on to miss their penalties (but 5 points lost if you name a “misser” who scores). For the PL Shootout Competition, it’s only the score after 90 mins (or 120 minutes if 90 mins is all square) that counts – the extra points are a tie-breaker.

So – AFC Fylde and Ebbsfleet (“Buy the Club, Pick the Team, Flying Pigs”) missed out on promotion to the Conference Premier; Solihull Moors, Sutton Utd, Maidstone and North Ferriby (who?) .............. get the satnavs out, any Tranmere or Torquay fans who fancy an Awayday!

Everything comes down to a one-game shootout, then; and – if we win that – to another one; I was thinking that if we get through I’d personally want Plymouth, who I think we could beat, rather than Pompey, who seem to have the Evil Eye over us this season (mind you, with a record of P3 W0 D1 L2, you could say the same thing about the residents of KT1), so the Pilgrims’ 91st minute winner tonight is – I think, anyway – perhaps good news.

And there we are; I’m off to pick the team (and I’ll no doubt do a better job than the Manager, as we all will), sort out the subs bench, and decide the tactics; my tactics are amazingly simple – altogether now, “We’re Going To Score One More Than You, Nah Nah Naah, Nah Nah Naah .......”

Come on lads – you can do this; we’ve had our little blip, and the Wham pitch looks much better than that over-grassed lumpy cow patch from Saturday .................

Deadline, as you all know by now, is scheduled kick-off time, which is 7.45pm on Wednesday 18th May (we don’t do Wednesdays, we do Tuesdays) ....... and if we score two and they score nowt, or if all our pens go in and not all theirs do, and if Tom keeps his bloody hands down in the penalty area, and if Martians kidnap You Fat Bastard, we should have Our Day Out; only three sides have never played at Wembley ..............Could we please make that two?

Good luck to everyone! ................. Keep the Faith! ................. And thanks for playing!

Oh - and by the way Boss (Mr Chimer Sir), I've considered your tactics board; however, we're setting up like this

but only when we're two goals up!
Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web