View Single Post
Old 16-05-2016, 07:47   #402
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
By the way, I also will be voting to stay in, ask any ex service personnel, (not saying that I am)
I served 18 years in the Forces. I originally voted to leave and I have only had my convictions hardened since the last referendum by the loss of control to unelected officials riding the gravy train, uncontrolled immigration, unfair fisheries policy, ridiculous bans of equipment by the EU (kettles, light bulbs, toasters, hair dryers and numerous other examples, massive financial costs which would be far better spent on the NHS, Police, schools and many more. As for security - that is provided by NATO - the only involvement militarily by the EU was a fiasco and had then to be recovered by NATO. Intelligence, well the majority of that comes from UK, USA, Canada, Australia & New Zealand - Cheltenham is one of the major sources, and we have seen recently how good the intelligence of France & Belgium are.
If you prefer to live in a European Super State run by Germany and France, with exceptionally high unemployment rates, particularly for the young then that is your choice - you can always emigrate. Just for the record I did live in France for a number of years.