View Single Post
Old 16-05-2016, 14:43   #126
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Playoff Leg 1 - Away at Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Firstly, the GOOD news....we WON'T be playing Portsmouth..that must be a massive incentive to our players for Wednesday night coz WE CAN BEAT PLYMOUTH!!
Second, the pitch definitely needs much watering for 2 reasons,
1. To make it more playable for our lads.
2. To slow down their big physical overweight players, (no names mentioned)
and sap their strength.
Just for a bit of fun, here are a few comments that famous people may have said to Stanley for the forthcoming match....
Charles Dickens....."It was the best of times....(3-00PM versus Stevenage....
It was the worst of times"...5-00PM
So come on you REDS for Wednesday coz we have Great Expectations of you:-)
Lord Nelson....Stanley expects every man to do his duty on Wednesday...so come on you CAN DO IT!!!!
Winston Churchill.....We shall fight them on the pitches, we shall fight them in the corners, we shall fight them in the penalty boxes, and we SHALL score more goals than them.....and then......and only then ....can we say that...
VICTORY IS OURS!!!!
John F Kennedy....Ask not what YOUR CLUB can do for YOU, but what YOU can do for YOUR CLUB!!!
As Coley said about the run in....there will be twists and turns...WELL we have been twisted by a certain bad referee, and by the crossbar 3 times...so now I feel it's OUR TURN for some GOOD FORTUNE on Wednesday night,
Like Coley says ..."If there is any justice in the world WE WILL WIN on Wednesday,....SO COME ON YOU REDS ...I for one wish you ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD on Wednesday!!!!!!:-)
Don't usually find this level of literary erudition on our Forum Stevo !...Revived Red will be both fascinated and full of admiration I know !

9/10 for effort.... 10/10 for dedication to the Reds !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote